Monday, July 20, 2009

Final Thoughts...........

I have to say that I was completely inpressed with this class. I had taken a computer class before and was expecting to learn Word, Powerpoint, Access, and Excel. This class was a great shift in focus. I absolutely love the Google Tools and plan to use them from here on out. My favorite part about the class was learning Audacity. Please bring in more tools like this! I was amazed at how easy it was and the fact that it is free, nice touch for teacher's in our area. I immediately began thinking about recording some of my son's book so I will not have to miss story time when I work late. Then I thought how great would it be to use in the classroom. You could do lessons or chapters with interesting voices and sound effects. How else would you expect a 2nd or 3rd grader to read the chapter?? .
I liked the fact that we learned other tools like the Reader, but I guess it is student specific because I have not looked at it again.....sorry. I would love to find out more about the Finance, Maps, Images, and Videos in the classroom. A list of safe sites would be really helpful too. My personal favorite right now is Poptropica!
I would love to see the podcasts taken farther. Maybe team up with the elementary school to to a Utube video?? (privacy laws and all)
I guess what I really want to say it that I thoroughly enjoyed this class and would highly recommend it to any future teacher.

One last note.
Smartboards, if we are going to be using them I think we might need a course on how!:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a student at the University of South Alabama persuing a degree in Elementary Education. I am using this blog to post my philosophies and experiences about teaching. My hope is for this blog to help fellow professionals to know me better.