Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The first podcast I listened to was about students being watchers/listeners rather than readers/writers. I enjoyed listening to the explanation of the article by Dr. Strange and the two ladies different opinions. I thought of quite a few things myself as they talked about how they as teachers would use technology. I liked the idea of smartboards in every class and each student having their own computer. I also like the fact that they addressed the fact that technology is moving so fast that Dr. Strange's prediction was surpassed. He felt like CD Rom would take over in classrooms, but as one of the girls pointed out that many teachers don't even use the CD in the back of textbooks. I like the fact that they talked about kids being interactive with the T.V. shows like "Dora the Explorer". We have a lot to compete with when it comes to teaching kids about technology. Hopefully, we will be able to use it for quality education instead of a distraction

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a student at the University of South Alabama persuing a degree in Elementary Education. I am using this blog to post my philosophies and experiences about teaching. My hope is for this blog to help fellow professionals to know me better.