Wednesday, July 1, 2009

"Txting away ur education" really brings to light the truth about cell phones in the classroom. I know people who can not live without their cell phones. I have people tell me all the time that I never answer my phone or texts and I tell them that's right! There is never anything important said during any of the texts I recieve and it's not like it can't wait an hour to reply. I personally am not allowed to have my phone at work or in the classrooms and it doesn't bother me. I also get off the phone if I go into a store and am at the checkout (which a lot of people do not do!). I work at a pharmacy and it's frustrating that people will come in and talk on their cellphones halfway answering important questions then wonder why their prescriptions wrong or not what they want. Hello! it's your health people!! I also tell people that I'm driving and will call them back later. My friends joke that I can't multi-task, well sorry, but my son is in the car and I would much rather talk to him. As far as schools are concerned, when I was in school you just couldn't have them. Period. I think if it is becoming such an issue that parents should ask cell phone companies to put blocks up like they do for AOL. My child's cell phone should be off from 8 a.m. to 3p.m. unless it's a certain number which would be mine. I remember the days when a parent had to contact the front office before interrupting the class to get in touch with their child. I completely agree that children are overstimulated by cell phones and there is no place for them in the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a student at the University of South Alabama persuing a degree in Elementary Education. I am using this blog to post my philosophies and experiences about teaching. My hope is for this blog to help fellow professionals to know me better.