Wednesday, June 24, 2009

WOW! This is so true! I have been around teacher's who say things about their students that are almost degrading. I know that even if the teacher never says these things to the student they still feel it when the teacher addresses them or sighs......you know how it is. I completely agree that we should let every child believe that they can achieve anything. Alex tells me all the time of what he wants to be when he grows up and we talk about what the job is, how long he would have to go to school, and the great aspects of that job.
When I waitressed/bar tended we were always told to "up sell". I really love when he mentioned that we need to treat our kids potential this way. I know for a fact that when you expect more from your students that you can be pleasantly surprised by what they can achieve!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a student at the University of South Alabama persuing a degree in Elementary Education. I am using this blog to post my philosophies and experiences about teaching. My hope is for this blog to help fellow professionals to know me better.