Monday, June 22, 2009

(1) come up with an addition to the brave things blog, (2) a reason you would love teaching and (3) something that you would like to make your school unique if you were teaching.

I think that one brave thing that I would like to do is to require 2 hours of each parents time a year to volunteer in my classroom. I think if we had more parent participation that the students will not only feel their work is important, but that their parents genuinely care about their education.

I think my favorite thing about teaching is the "ahhhh moment". That moment when you see the light bulb go on in a child's eye when they finally make the connection to something that was difficult for them. That's my reason for teaching.

I think every school or grade level should have a small plot on school grounds to use for experiements. The last Pre-school I was at we had a small garden. Even at 2, 3, and 4, the kids learned how plants grow, how to water and weed, and how to pick their own vegetables. We continued with mulch and even earthworm exploration for so many lesson plans. We even did a dinosaur excavation during the fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a student at the University of South Alabama persuing a degree in Elementary Education. I am using this blog to post my philosophies and experiences about teaching. My hope is for this blog to help fellow professionals to know me better.