Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Is Google changing the way we think??

I personally am an avid reader. I can read anything from the comics to case studies and never get bored, but when it comes to searching the internet I find myself getting agitated. I love the new wave of technology and everything at your fingertips, however most of this sites are junk. I have to agree that deep down cognitively our population is changing. I worry that through Twitter and Facebook that we are losing not only our sense of language through misspelling, but our identity. I don't care what the pop stars are doing in their bathroom or what your grandmother has in her teeth after Thanksgiving dinner.....please keep it to yourself! I worry that i will not be able to communicate with my son be the time he is 12 because he speaks without using "and" or "the"!
As a future teacher I would what book reports will look like after kids have searched the internet. How do you teach kids to filter through to the meat of the information??
Don't get me wrong I love the internet and it's wealth of information and that I can keep in contact with my family and friends, but where's the limit, the bar, ...the end?

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a student at the University of South Alabama persuing a degree in Elementary Education. I am using this blog to post my philosophies and experiences about teaching. My hope is for this blog to help fellow professionals to know me better.