Monday, June 15, 2009

I continue to have more and more respect for Dr. Strange as I read his ideas and thoughts. I have a degree in Human Development specializing in ages birth through eight. I was taught that in order for students to learn you must appeal to what is interesting to the child then adapt other subjects to meet that child's need. I was taught that we must teach the whole child. I love the thought of Dr. Strange's 6 C's and what it could do for our students. I like the idea of "classSPACE" and being able to collaborate with other students. I think opening the classroom to be a true place for learning and not just out of a book, but having the option of exploring the world would appeal to children. I completely agree that we should stimulate children's creativity and teach them how to collaborate. I know that I can not recall the 33rd president, but i know where to find the information. I want my students to realize that just because they don't know doesn't mean they should not try to find out. I am excited to see how technology will change the face of teaching and how our children learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a student at the University of South Alabama persuing a degree in Elementary Education. I am using this blog to post my philosophies and experiences about teaching. My hope is for this blog to help fellow professionals to know me better.